Job SeekersGet Your Dream Job
The Direct Support Professional provides supports to individuals with developmental disabilities both in the home (group home) and in the community.
The hiring event is on April 14 at STRiVE headquarters (790 Wellington Avenue, Grand Junction, CO 81501) from 10 a.m to 2 p.m.
Attendees are encouraged to dress business casual but a resume in hand is not required.
Those hired from attending STRiVE’s hiring event will receive a signing bonus of up to $1,000.00
The Direct Support Professional provides supports to individuals with developmental disabilities both in the home (group home) and in the community. The DSP ensures the health and safety of individuals while also fostering growth and independence. The DSP participates in person-centered planning and assists individuals in achieving their goals as noted in the Service Plan (SP). The DSP facilitates a full range of services and supports, with the nature and complexity of duties depending on the behavioral, medical and personal care needs of the individuals served.
- MEDICATION ADMINISTRATION. Maintains QMAP certification in good standing and actively participates in medication administration as outlined by STRiVE Service Plans.
- MEDICAL CARE/TREATMENT. Ensures that individuals receive appropriate and timely medical care and treatment (routine and emergency).
RESPONSE TO EMERGENCIES. Recognizes and responds appropriately to medical, behavioral and other emergencies as well potential abuse, neglect, mistreatment or exploitation.
- SUPERVISION OF INDIVIDUAL. Ensures that individuals are supervised at home and in the community in accordance with individual requirements.
- SAFETY. Corrects and/or brings to attention of supervisory or administrative staff any unsafe conditions in or around the residence.
- SERVICES AND SUPPORTS. Assists with annual assessment of individual strengths and needs, including participating in Personal Outcome Measures interview and Natural Support Mapping.
- THERAPY SERVICES. Adheres to all therapy protocols (bathing, feeding, positioning, diet, etc.).
- RECREATION/LEISURE. Supports individual participation in leisure/recreation activities in accordance with the interests of the individual and within available resources.
- PERSONAL CARE. Assures that individuals receive assistance, training and support with personal care as dictated by individual needs. This includes personal hygiene (bathing, toileting, changing Attends, dental care, dressing, etc.) and grooming activities (shaving, nail clipping, hair care, clothing selection, etc.).
- BEHAVIOR SERVICES AND SUPPORTS. Responds to and documents behavioral challenges and/or concerns in accordance with established behavior support plans and STRIVE policies and procedures.
As Mesa County continues to open up, strive sees a void and a need for more hands-on deck to complete its goals.
Director Doug Sorter says he wants to hire you.
“We’re just in need of some people. We are a depleted workforce,” Doug Sorter discloses, “We need more people to come in and do the work that we need. We just haven’t been able to get people in the door and we really need some folks to come in and get trained and do the things that they do here.”
The seven open positions go far beyond computer skills.
STRiVE is a partnership of people supporting people, who strive to meet their full potential. STRiVE offers a coordinated spectrum of care and support services that range from minimal to around-the-clock assistance for people with all levels of intellectual, physical, and mental challenges.
The diversity found in STRiVE’s programs are based on the community’s needs. Current STRiVE employees love how the staff represents the people they support daily.
“This is a great opportunity for, not only the person that we’d be hiring but, the individuals. You really get a new appreciation,” Peggy Gordon expresses, “For the COVID restrictions, we’re just really wanting compassionate people that have the same goals as we do.”
“It’s much more than just a paycheck, it’s really a delightful place to work,” Doug Sorter continues, “It’s hard work, no doubt, but it’s still got a rewarding piece that you just can’t get in every place.”
Time is counting down as the hiring event is on April 14 at STRiVE headquarters (790 Wellington Avenue, Grand Junction, CO 81501) from 10 a.m to 2 p.m. Attendees are encouraged to dress business casual but a resume in hand is not required.
Those hired from attending STRiVE’s hiring event will receive a signing bonus up to $1,000.00
See The Links Below: