Looking for a Job? STRiVE Has Openings!
STRiVE is looking for people to provide an array of person centered, community-based services and supports that assist people with developmental disabilities to achieve their fullest potential.
- Do you want to empower others to reach their full potential and independence?
- Do you like to advocate for people’s rights?
- Do you want to make a difference in the community and in people’s lives?
- Do you want to gain experience in a professional environment alongside nurses, behavior specialists, and occupational therapists?
- Do you want a job that will stay busy?
- Do you want a variety of schedule choices?
Then Strive is right for you!
We currently have 10 positions open and are looking for a Direct Support Professional – FT & PT positions available!
The Labor Solutions Vocational Direct Support Professional’s help individuals in a work environment by teaching them both work and personal skills. This position requires daily documentation with a work schedule of M-F 7:30am-3:30pm.
Job functions are considered essential (all individuals in this position must be able to complete these duties with or without reasonable accommodation) unless otherwise denoted in italic type. Duties noted in italic type may be reassigned by a supervisor.
1. MEDICATION ADMINISTRATION. Maintains QMAP certification in good standing. Assists and supervises individuals in taking medications and completing treatments, in accordance with applicable policies, procedures and regulations. Assures that medications are stored in accordance with applicable regulations and policies. Assures that medications (prescription and over-the-counter) are available in adequate supplies to meet individual needs. Assures that there is a current physician order for all medications and that the order is correctly reflected on the medication administration record. Completes counts on all medication as required. Assures medications are properly labeled and correctly disposes of expired or discontinued medications. Assures that medication records are accurate and complete. Maintains the first aid kits.
2. MEDICAL CARE/TREATMENT. Assures that individuals receive appropriate and timely medical care and treatment (routine and emergency). Assures timely follow-through on all medical orders. Adheres to all individual care plans and protocols. Assures that medical records are maintained in accordance with applicable policies and regulations.
3. RESPONSE TO EMERGENCIES. Recognizes and responds appropriately to medical, behavioral and other emergencies as well possible abuse, neglect, mistreatment or exploitation. Accesses emergency support from supervisor, on-call supervisor or other administrative staff as appropriate and/or as required by policy. If necessary, arranges emergency medical transportation, and assures necessary information accompanies the individual. Makes appropriate notification, documents and reports emergencies as required by applicable policies, procedures and regulations supervisor, duty officer or other administrative staff as appropriate and/or as required by policy. If necessary, arranges emergency medical transportation, assures necessary information is available to medical professionals and accompanies individual if necessary. Makes appropriate notification, documents and reports emergencies as required by applicable policies, procedures and regulations.
4. JOB TRAINING AND SUPPORT. Assists individuals in adjusting to the work environment, trains individuals in job-related tasks and job expectations, works alongside individuals and reassures individuals as they carry out tasks. Assures individual have the skills required to successfully complete their tasks. Ensures services and supports are provided as specified in the Individuals’ Service Plans. Provides career and vocationally-oriented activities at the worksite or in the community.
5. EQUIPMENT AND SUPPLIES. informs on-site manager or supervisor of supply needs, completes purchase orders and purchases supplies as needed. Reports equipment needs or problems.
6. EMERGENCY AND SAFETY TRAINING. Provides individuals with ongoing instruction and constant reminders of safety practices. Corrects or brings any unsafe working conditions to the attention of the supervisor.
7. DAY HABILITATION. Assists individuals with the acquisition, retention, or improvement in self-help, socialization and adaptive skills to promote greater independence. Assists in the implementation of specialized therapies as written and at the required frequency. Adheres to all therapy protocols (bathing, feeding, positioning, diet texture, etc.) Ensures services and supports are provided as specified in the Individuals Service Plan
8. SERVICES AND SUPPORTS. Assists service and support specialist with annual assessment of individual strengths and needs, including making recommendations for goals and ISSP’s. Implements and documents ISSPs, Behavior Support Plans and other protocols as required. Monitors skill development and notifies service and support specialist of any needed changes. Functions as a member of each individuals’ Interdisciplinary Team (IDT). Assists in developing job/task analyses for targeted jobs or production activities.
9. BEHAVIOR SERVICES AND SUPPORTS. Responds to and documents behaviors in accordance with established plans and MDS policies and procedures. Participates in the development of behavior support plans. Implements and documents behavior support plans and Safety Control plans as written and assigned. Assists individuals in learning to resolve disputes with their roommate, housemates, friends, family and staff. Conducts in-house problem solving meetings as necessary.
10. SUPERVISION. Provides supervision of assigned individual in accordance with supervision requirements as noted in service plan. Assures personal safety of individual until they board appropriate vehicle or are met by other staff. Responds to and documents behaviors according to established plans. Conducts problem-solving meetings as necessary. Coordinates and assists individuals in being on-time to appointments and meetings.
11. ASSISTIVE TECHNOLOGY. Assists individuals in obtaining and using devices and adaptations that allows the individual to maximize independence and self-reliance. Assures that individuals’ personal adaptive equipment is clean and maintained in good repair.
12. STAFF TRAINING. Provides training to floaters and relief staff to assure individual safety.
13. COMMUNICATION. Attends IDTs, Department, and other meetings as requested.
14. FACILITY REPAIRS AND MAINTENANCE. Reports any observed problems with the condition of the building in a timely fashion. Submits work orders as needed. Facilitates minor repairs as able. . Assures that appropriate cleanliness standards are met. Assures that necessary furnishings and equipment are maintained in good repair. Monitors, prompts and assists individuals as necessary with routine chores.
15. TRANSPORTATION. Transports individual as needed or required. Assures the safety of passengers by operating vehicles in a safe manner and according to STRIVE Transportation policies and procedures. Assures that vans or other agency vehicles are clean. Promptly reports any vehicle maintenance problems to the transportation department.
16. OTHER DUTIES. Performs other duties as assigned.
17. ADDENDUM. A list of specific duties is is not included as an addendum to this job description. The addendum may also identify assignment specific job requirements/specifications.
Work Environment: Job functions are performed at client work sites and may involve travel and outdoor environments. Some job functions are performed in an office environment.
18 years of age for positions designated as non-driving, 21 years of age for positions designated as driving.
H.S. Diploma or GED.
Successful completion of core competency training including the following”
Demonstrated competency in CPI & CPR
CPI-Must demonstrate competency in personal safety techniques and team control.
CPR-Must is able to perform each skill area correctly without guidance.
Satisfactory results from criminal background and reference checks per guidelines
Valid driver’s license and driving record that meets STRIVE standards
Work Environment: Most job functions are performed in a vocational setting, but include limited travel and outdoor activities. Driving is required on a regular or frequent basis.
Overall Physical Requirements for all vocational and day programs (must successfully complete Tier1 lifting assessment)
Ability to lift from floor, transfer or & carry 12-25 pounds infrequently, 25-50 pounds no more than 6-12 times per shift.
Ability to stand/walk at least 45 minutes per hour, 75% of shift.
Ability to push/pull 10 pounds frequently, up to 75 pounds infrequently
Ability to reach & stoop occasionally and to kneel and squat for up to15 minutes occasionally.
Ability to complete gross and fine motor activities with hands and fingers frequently.
Ability to use vision at 20 inches or less and 20 feet or more.
Depth perception that allows for judging distance and space.
Additional Program Specific Physical Requirements (Mobile crews, janitorial crews, Transitions, Retirement, Tranquility, Milestones, Wellness and Active Wellness):
Ability to lift and transfer up to 50 pounds frequently.
Ability to lift 60 pounds from the floor rarely (fire drills)
Ability to carry heavy weights (over 50 pounds) occasionally.
Ability to squat frequently and kneel infrequently
Ability to push up to 180 pounds frequently (manual wheelchairs) and team push power wheelchairs if not operational.
Ability to reach over, forward and to the side frequently
Ability to perform movements & balance to assist with transfers frequently
Financial Accountability: May be responsible for billing and collecting from vendors.
Nothing in this job description restricts the ability of STRIVE to assign, reassign or eliminate duties and responsibilities of this job at any time. This job description does not create a contract of employment. Employment with STRIVE is at-will and may be terminated at any time by STRIVE or the employee without cause or notice.
STRiVE’s focus is to provide programs in an atmosphere that fosters self-esteem and confidence, and enhances each person’s opportunity for independence and growth. If this is YOU apply today!
Find ALL Open Positions HERE: