Douglas Sorter, STRiVE Business Operations & Development VP, announced on March 13th of this year that STRiVE had been awarded the three-year Quality Assurances Accreditation from CQL | The Council on Quality and Leadership whose has been a leader in working with human service organizations and systems to continuously define, measure and improve quality of life and quality of services.
This award confirms that the organization embraces person-centered solutions to improve the quality of life for people receiving supports and services.
STRiVE is a private, nonprofit, serving people with developmental disabilities, children with developmental delays and disabilities, and the families of those served.
- Child Find developmental screening and assessment for ages birth to three;
- therapeutic Early Childhood Intervention for infants and toddlers;
- support services for families who are caregivers for a child with a disability;
- total care through 9 group homes; support services for adults with disabilities living in the community or in their family home;
- Audyssey, a program serving children and adults on the autism spectrum;
- therapeutic day programs for adults;
- daily living skills and independence training;
- vocational services offering job training and placement;
- contract janitorial, grounds maintenance, and assembly services;
- a wood shop;
- Uniquely Yours, a downtown retail store at 443 Main Street featuring products made by the people we support with disabilities
- and the Western Colorado Botanical Gardens\located at 641 Struthers Ave.
Strive serves 1,440 children and adults, operates 24/7 from 21 sites throughout the community, and employs more than 380 people with a mission to support people who strive to meet their full potential. Our vision is for every person we serve to be included in all facets of the community, free to exercise the greatest degree of personal independence and empowered to pursue individual goals and dreams.
When STRiVE partnered with CQL to pursue accreditation, it undertook a rigorous process to review and improve supports and services. The efforts of STRiVE were focused on empowering the people who receive supports to pursue what really matters in their lives, and achieve their personally-defined outcomes.
STRiVE has been awarded CQL accreditation as a result of demonstrating proficiency in the following areas:
Basic Assurances®Ensuring fundamental safeguards related to health, safety and human security
Personal Outcome Measures®Supporting and empowering people to achieve their goals and dreams
Person-Centered Excellence Demonstrating organizational commitment to continued enhancement of systems
The CQL accreditation sets STRiVE apart from the other agencies that provide similar services, being the only organization receiving this seal of approval in the state of Colorado really demonstrates STRiVE’s culture and commitment to excellent service. CQL commends STRiVE for its success in increasing the quality of life for the people it supports. We are pleased to partner with them on this journey of ongoing organizational transformation